Our facilities are in a state of constant controlled rapid growth. We have the abilities to rapidly procure and implement facilities and equipment to support your project. Amongst the several facilities recruited and maintained by Phoenix, the main building currently in use by all departments is approximately 114,000 sq. ft., with 14’ ceilings, and with a 4,200 Amp 3 Phase electrical service.
- 114,000 square foot main building with up to 14' ceiling height with 4,200 amp three phase electrical service
- 8,000 square foot special processes facility (Heat Treat, Water Jet, CNC Machining, & Stretch Forming)
- 40' X 60' X 12' high Class 1,500,000 clean room for machining honeycomb and other items in a controlled atmosphere
- 40' X 40' X 9' high Class 100,000 clean room with HEPA filters
- 25' X 85' X 12' high Class 100,000 clean room
- 6' Dia x 13' Long 650 F, 220 PSI
- 3'9" Dia x 6'6" Long 700 F, 350 PSI
- 13' Dia x 42' Long 350 F, 150 PSI
- 40' X 25' X 14' high paint booth with water sprinklers and filter system
- 12' X 12' X 7' high primer application paint booth and curing oven
- 16' X 24' X 8' high paint booth
Our newest spot welder is a Sciaky Three Phase Welder. It’s 10”x 36” throat, touch weld controls, and water cooling make it an ideal choice for repair and manufacturing support. This PMCO.2STIC-100-36 type machine is a 460 V, 60 Hz, 3 phase welder with 63,000 Peak Sec. Amps at 5 cycles. This machine is co-located near our Phosphoric Acid Anodizing and cleaning lines. This allows for fast and effective surface preparation and enables superior welds. Our Material Test Lab also supports our spot welding activities by performing testing and weld inspections to ensure that each part’s welding process is meeting or exceeding customer expectations.
Radome Transmissivity Testing Room:
In February of 2009, Phoenix Composite Solutions performed its first in house Radome Transmission Test. PCS’s Radome Testing facility exceeds all RTCA/DO-213 requirements. Our proprietary dynamic testing methods help isolate and correct difficult Radome problems. Performing the testing in our facility reduces the overall TAT, especially for customer AOG requirements.
Media Blaster (Surface Preparation):
There are 4 Media Blasters throughout the shop with capabilities of blasting components up to 4’ in diameter. We also have a “Walk In” Blast Media Booth that has the capability of blasting components up to 15’ x 20’.
Metal Bond Preparation:
- Alkaline Cleaner
- Acid Etch
- Phosphoric Acid Anodize (PAA)
- Deionized water generation paint
- Evaporator for waste management
Honeycomb cutters and expanders:
- Honeycomb expander 5' X 12'
- Honeycomb cutter 5' X 12"
- Prepregnated Adhesive Cutting Table
- High speed cutting table with programming capabilities
Compression Molding Presses: 7.5 ton overall platen size 15" X 20 " down-acting lab press 30 ton, overall platen size 15" X 15" up-acting Wabash Self-contained hydraulic press 250 ton, overall platen size 52" left to right X 25" front to back 39" up-acting Wabash Self-contained hydraulic press.
Metal Working Capability:
- 12' shear capable of .5" thick aluminum
- 10' 60 ton brake with 500 dies
- English Wheel for hand working dual contour surfaces in material up to .090" gauge thickness
- 16' Farnham Roller for forming double contour surfaces up to .063" gauge
- Machine lathe (2)
- Bridgeport machining centers (2)
- MIG, TIG and Spot welding
- Belt grinders
- Cutoff saws
- Arbor presses
Metal Working Capability Expansion:
- Vertical turret lathes
- 2 - 4 axis CNC mills
In-house test laboratory:
- Tensile data acquisition using United Testing Systems model STM-100KN-E
- Impact testing
- Vacuum Chamber
- Laboratory oven
- Metal alloy identification and temper
- Hardness tester
- Material Coupon Moisture Conditioner
- Hoffman Vertical 2 Plane Measurement
- Well-engineered design combines a high-precision spindle with the consistency of a hard-bearing support system using piezoelectric transducers
- 6-Way Fully-Auto Mobile Console
- 12’ x 20’x 12’
- 10’ x 10’ x 8’
- 10’ x 10’ x 8’
- 6’ x 5’ x 5
- 2’ x 2’ x 2’
- 2’ x 2’ x 2’
- 10’ x 10’ x 10’
Stress Relieving Capabilities
- Stand-Up 12 Way Power Console with Record (Stress Reliever) Power Consoles “Fully Automatic”
- This Stress Reliever is used to relieve stress (locally) in metal after the welding process has taken place. This power console uses ceramic blankets capable of sustaining temperatures of 1200 + degrees. The Power Console gives us the capability to perform a number of different weld repairs on site.
- Our Original Equipment Manufacturing department utilizes the benefits of Lean Manufacturing, such as Work Cells, Quality Process Charts Program, PCS Success “6 S”, and various other programs to create a smooth flow that shortens the lead time for delivery to customers.
- PCS Success “6 S” Program : Sort, Straighten, Scrub, Systematize, Standardize, and Safety
- Quality Process Charts Program tracks any turnbacks that prevent a specific process from moving smoothly. By using the QPC Program, we are able to correct any problems or snags throughout the manufacturing process which allows us to improve the quality of our parts, the manufacturing lead time, and the satisfaction of our customers.